CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Camera is Missing

I'm certain the fact that I have a 15-year-old son has nothing at all to do with the fact that my camera is missing. Nope, I'm sure he would never have taken it to church (?!) and left it out beside some horse pasture, surely not. In the midst of all that has been going on around here (sewage flood), it's a small thing. However, it does keep me from taking photos of our dinners. But, I'm going to post a couple of recipes anyway because I'm just crazy like that. Oh, yeah, the sewage flood didn't get in the kitchen, so everything is on the up and up.



Cheesy Pasta Bake



This great recipe is similar to Baked Ziti, but it's simpler and use some of that homemade Marinara sauce I've posted and wow, it is the bomb! My Weight Watcher subs are in red and honestly, I make it with the subs every single time now and the whole family devours it....don't tell!



16 oz. dry pasta (we like ziti, penne and such)
1 jar pasta sauce or about 4 cups of the homemade stuff
1/2 pint half and half (I prefer 1/2 can of fat-free evaporated milk)
3 cups shredded cheese, I like a combo of mozzarella, parmesan and provolone (I use shredded soy cheese but fat-free works, too)

Okay, this is simple. Boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, and pour it back into the pot. Add pasta or marinara sauce, half & half (or evap. milk) and about half of the cheese. Stir well to combine. Pour into a well-greased casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salad and garlic toast.
**Be prepared and double up and freeze one!

0 comments: