CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cobb Salad

Cobb Salad




I guess this is a recipe, but really it is just me ya-yaing about summer and the foods I adore in warm weather. I have to admit that Tennessee feels cool compared to the temps we endured while in Texas. I must have turned to butter in the 9 years we have lived here because I kept feeling like I was going to melt when it was over 100 degrees in Pearsall.


I worked a couple of hours this morning and then we came home to rest a bit before I work the night shift at the hospital. I put some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the oven to roast to use on salads and such. Big Sister and I had Cobb Salads for a late lunch. They really hit the spot and made me revise my "Menu Ideas" list to add some more salad ideas for family dinners.


The Cobb was easy ...


Just line a plate with torn, clean greens, your choice of lettuces, spinach, etc. Now chop a cooked chicken breast, or use turkey. Make a row of that. Add rows of your favorite salad toppings. I used marinated artichoke hearts, blue cheese, chopped tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, bacon and chopped hard-boiled egg. I topped it with some low-fat salad dressing I made. Big Sis used Ranch dressing.


Like I said, I revised the "Menu Ideas" list to include this salad. We already had Chicken Caesar, Chicken with cheese and bacon, and Taco Salad on there. I'm going to try to do more. I know we can use a shrimp salad and the usual tuna-pasta, Italian Pasta Salad, and such. Do you have any great salad recipes for our family meals? Tell me about them in the comments.

Be blessed~

2 comments:

Red Raider said...

I'm a Cardeli's Southwest Caesar fan (I think that's how you spell the brand). I'm keeping some of the recipes from my dinner group on this site, dinner4nine.blogspot.com. Maybe not every day foods for the family, but something to drool over.

Unknown said...

You should add a lentil salad. Cooked lentils over iceberg with italian dressing on top. Sounds strange, but is really good!