CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

An Old Haunt

Chicken Fried Steak with mashed potatoes and cream gravy


Cheese Enchiladas with Rice and Beans

I lived in Corpus Christi, Texas for a year during college. I worked at a real estate office, answering phones, writing ads and doing general office stuff. It was a good experience.

Just down the street from the office was Andy's Kitchen. It is a typical little diner with great prices and delicous plate lunches. We stopped at Andy's for lunch on Father's Day. It was still good and still inexpensive! I had a chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and cream gravy. My mom and I like to add ketchup to our cream gravy. It makes it a sick pink color, but it tastes so good! This was a good chicken fried steak, nothing fancy but tender and hand-breaded, just a Texas thing. The Daddy had the Mexican plate. You would think we would tire of Mexican food while on this trip, but we don't. The enchilada, taco, rice and beans were very typical of small town diners with a definite Tex-Mex flavor. It was all good and cheap. I love that! Now we are back in Pearsall, but I won't bore you with more photos of giant burritos or gorditas, but that is what we will eat! Yum~

Be blessed~




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda
I love the new look of your blog!

the food looks delish!